This Article is Outdated!
New users should NOT follow these instructions! As of October 2020, this integration method is no longer supported. SmartThings users, follow this guide instead to connect SmartThings via Konnected Cloud.
Now that your device is connected to WiFi and you’ve installed the Konnected SmartApps and Device Handlers, open the SmartThings Classic mobile app on your phone to discover the device. Note that your SmartThings Hub must be connected to the same internal network as the Konnected device(s).
Use the SmartThings Classic app. The new SmartThings app (formerly Samsung Connect) does not yet support custom devices like Konnected.
- Your Konnected device is powered on and connected to WiFi.
- Open the SmartThings Classic mobile app and go to the Automation tab
- Tap the SmartApps tab
- Tap Add a SmartApp
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap My Apps
- Tap Konnected (Connect)
- Now tap Add a Konnected Device and then Tap here to start discovery.
- The app will begin searching for your device on the network. The page will update after a few seconds when your device is found.
- Once your device is discovered Tap to continue setting up the zones.
This process discovers one device at a time. If you have multiple Konnected boards, repeat these steps after finishing setup.
Next Step: Setup Sensors and Devices
Debugging Device Discovery with Wireshark
Debugging Device Discovery with NetDisco