Integrations: Connecting to a Smart Home Platform
Wiring and Connection Guides
- Hardware issues
- Common Questions
- Device Discovery
- Konnected Device Firmware & Software
- Legacy: HASS Install
- Legacy: Updating SmartThings: SmartApps & Device Handlers
- Legacy: SmartThings Installation and Setup (Smartapp)
- Legacy: DIY to Production
- Legacy: Wiring Info
- Legacy: Using Konnected to Make a Garage Door Opener
- Garage Door Opener
Orders, Shipping & Returns
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
My siren just crackles. Now what?
If you hear only a static or crackling sound when the siren is activated, unfortunately your siren is probably just a dumb speaker. It requires a siren driver module to modulate the siren sound. Most of the time the siren driver module is built-in to the old alarm panel, so you can’t use it with Konnected.
In this case you have a few options:
- The easiest and cheapest option is to replace the siren with a newer, inexpensive siren. The Honeywell WAVE-2 is my favorite because of its incredible value.
Honeywell WAVE-2 Two Tone Siren
- You also can buy a standalone siren driver module. In this case, just connect the Alarm +/- to the driver, and your speaker wires to the driver. Here are two options:
Elk 100 Siren Driver
Siren Driver 2 Channel 6-12Vdc