Monitor, control and automate your garage door with SmartThings and Hubitat Elevation
Konnected's Smart Garage Door Opener now works seamlessly with Hubitat! Our new Hubitat integration is 100% local and leverages our new ESPHome-based firmware for an ultra-fast local connection to your Hubitat hub.
This guide will help you install your Konnected Garage Door Opener with Hubitat for the first time.
We recommend performing these steps before mounting and physically installing the device in the garage.
Flash ESPHome Firmware
Konnected's Smart Garage Door opener comes pre-loaded with Konnected's cloud-based firmware. Hubitat users will need to re-flash the Konnected Garage Door Opener with ESPHome firmware before installing it to enable the local connection.
➡️ Go to install.konnected.io/garage-door-opener and select Home Assistant & Hubitat via ESPHome to flash the firmware in 2 minutes.
Read more: ESPHome with Konnected Garage Door Opener
Connect to WiFi
- Plug in the device using the included power adapter.
- Using a computer or mobile phone, look for an open WiFi network named garage-door-xxxxxx and connect to it.
- A captive portal page should appear, with a list of nearby WiFi networks. If this does not automatically pop-up, then go to http://192.168.4.1 in your browser. Click/tap on your WiFi network, enter your WiFi password, and click Save.
- The device should now be connected to your home WiFi.
Install ESPHome Libraries in Hubitat
Konnected's Garage Door Opener driver for Hubitat leverages the excellent ESPHome firmware and ESPHomeApiHelperLibrary by bradsjm. For convenience and quick installation, we've packaged the library and Konnected's driver into a Bundle that you can install in Hubitat.
Download the latest Bundle
Go to the latest release of konnected-hubitat on Github, and download the bundle zip file for your product.
Install the Bundle in Hubitat
Log in to your Hubitat hub, go to Developer tools > Bundles > New Bundle to upload the bundle. Or, you can copy the link to the bundle ZIP from GitHub and import it into Hubitat directly using the Import ZIP button.
Alternate method: Install Libraries and Drivers directly
Konnected's Hubitat integrations are open source and available on GitHub: konnected-io/konnected-hubitat
Also requires ESPHome-API-Library to be added to the Libraries section in Hubitat.
Create a Virtual Device
ESPHome devices are not automatically discovered in Hubitat. To add the device, follow these steps to create a virtual device:
- In Hubitat, go to Devices > Add device. Then choose Virtual.
- Fill in a Device Name. The Device Network Id should be auto-populated for you. Select Konnected Garage Door [MODEL] from the Type drop-down. It will appear at the bottom of the drop-down under the User heading.
- Find the IP Address of the device on your local network. You find this by looking in your router's app or status page and looking for a device named garage-door-XXXXX. Enter the IP address in the device's Preferences section and Save Preferences.
- After saving the IP Address, Hubitat will connect to your device and automatically populate states! Your Garage Door Opener is ready to install and use.