Integrations: Connecting to a Smart Home Platform
Wiring and Connection Guides
- Hardware issues
- Common Questions
- Device Discovery
- Konnected Device Firmware & Software
- Legacy: HASS Install
- Legacy: Updating SmartThings: SmartApps & Device Handlers
- Legacy: SmartThings Installation and Setup (Smartapp)
- Legacy: DIY to Production
- Legacy: Wiring Info
- Legacy: Using Konnected to Make a Garage Door Opener
- Garage Door Opener
Orders, Shipping & Returns
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How is the Smart Garage Door Opener different from using a momentary switch with a relay?
Is the Garage Door Opener similar to a momentary switch?The Smart Garage Door Opener works similarly. The Smart Garage Door Opener product uses a relay to trigger the door to open and close. It also has an optical sensor to see if the door is open without needing a wired contact sensor. It also supports a wired contact sensor.
In short -- similar technology, just a more streamlined purpose-built product. In SmartThings, it shows up as a Garage Door entity instead of a separate device for the switch and sensor.