How to install and customize ESPHome on Konnected's Smart Garage Door Opener
Easy method: Using Konnected's pre-built ESPHome firmware
- Using Chrome or Edge browser on your desktop or laptop computer, visit https://install.konnected.io/garage-door-opener
- Connect the Konnected Garage Door opener to your computer using a Micro-USB cable. The USB port on the device is located on the side opposite the wire screw terminals.
- Select the desired firmware build from the drop-down menu, then click Connect.
- Follow the steps to install the ESPHome firmware for the Konnected Garage Door Opener
Advanced method: Build and flash the firmware with ESPHome
If you are already familiar with ESPHome built tools, you can customize and build the firmware yourself.
- Copy or clone Konnected's ESPHome firmware configuration from GitHub: https://github.com/konnected-io/konnected-esphome/blob/master/garage-door-esp8266.yaml
- If using ESPHome dashboard, click on + Add Device to create a new device config (but don't install yet). Paste the YAML contents from the file above into your new device configuration.
- Customize the firmware configuration based on your needs. The firmware configuration is well commented and documented within the YAML file itself.
- Install the ESPHome firmware.