Calibrate the Garage Door Opener's optical laser sensor before using in Hubitat
This article applies to Hubitat users of Konnected's Garage Door Opener running ESPHome firmware provided by Konnected and installed using Konnected's Hubitat drivers.
Hubitat users of Konnected's Garage Door Opener can calibrate the optical laser sensor directly from Hubitat with a simple one-time command.
After you've mounted the device on the ceiling of your garage and connected and tested the garage door control wire, you can calibrate the distance between the ceiling and the top of your garage door when it's open.
Calibrate the Open Garage Door Distance
- Make sure that the device is mounted on the ceiling in its final position.
- Open the garage door. The garage door should roll up directly underneath the device.
- Open the Garage Door Opener device in Hubitat. Click the Calibrate button. You'll see the calibratedDistance state be set to the sensorDistance state, and the door state will change to open. The calibratedDistance state is the known distance between the Konnected GDO device and the top of your garage door when open.
Hubitat Garage Door States
The device in Hubitat representing the Konnected Garage Door has several states and commands that can be used in Hubitat dashboards, Automations and Rules.
The current state of the garage door, based on the calibrated laser sensor:
Opening and closing states are approximated.
The current state of the wired INPUT for an optional external sensor.
TODO: incorporate this into the garage door state
The current state of the (optional) wired 12V output (labeled STR) on the Garage Door Opener. This can be used for an external signaling device like a 12V strobe, siren, LED light, or buzzer.
Provided by the ESPHome API library.
The current WiFi signal strength or RSSI, in dBm.
The current distance of a solid object detected in front of the Garage Door Opener's optical laser sensor, in meters. Max range is ~1.5m.
Hubitat Garage Door Commands
Hubitat enables the following commands for your Konnected garage door opener:
- Open - Opens the garage door.
- Close - Closes the garage door after a 5-second audible and visual warning.
- On - Turns on the 12V STR output.
- Off - Turns off the 12V STR output.
- Calibrate - Sets the calibratedDistance state to the current sensorDistance state.
- Refresh - Refreshes all state variables and states from via the ESPHome API.